First, I just have to say – 2016, what a year! It started off slow, got a little crazy towards the middle, and then ended with a bang, politically. 2017 pretty much picked up where 2016 ended but, if history is any indication, keeping my head down and working toward economic empowerment is the best way to navigate these uncertain times. No matter who or which political party is in office, I know that the best way to ensure that I am taken care of financially is to make sure I am setting and working towards achieving my goals.
Here are my goals for 2017:
- Open a Roth IRA account.
- Allocate at least $700 to either my taxable brokerage account or Roth IRA(or combination of the two) per month.
- Increase my total net worth to $32,000 by 12/31/2017.
- Hold taxable brokerage account balance of at least $13,000 by 12/31/2017 (Can include uninvested cash held in account).
- Receive $300 in total dividend income.
- Allocate $200 per month to a new car fund.
- Sign up for two 5K’s or one 10K by September 2017.
- Donate at least $50 per month to church or reputable charitable organization.
- Allocate at least $50 per month to my travel fund.
- Take a least 2 domestic trips/international trips and 2 weekender/road trips.
- Take a solo trip.
I’m grateful for what I have been able to accomplish thus far but I am absolutely looking forward to making great strides towards financial freedom in 2017!
Thanks for reading.
Image: Death to the Stock Photo with graphics added by One Woman’s Worth.