2015 was a great year financially. I was able to reduce my negative net worth by nearly $10,000 resulting in me getting closer to the black. I think this feat can be attributed to creating and laying out an actionable plan to follow. Since publishing my goals in a public place has helped me this past year, I definitely want to keep the momentum going and see what I can accomplish over the next 12 months.
Here are my goals for 2016:
- Allocate at least $625 per month to my taxable brokerage account.
- Hold a portfolio balance of at least $10,500 by 12/31/2016 (Can include uninvested cash held in account).
- Receive $225 in total dividend income.
- Allocate an extra $50 per month to my car loan principal.
- Pay off my car loan principal IN FULL (Balance is currently $4909).
- Allocate 6% of gross income to company 401k to get full company match.
- Sign up for another 5K run or a 10K run by June 2016.
- Donate at least $50 per month to church or a reputable charitable organization.
- Allocate at least $50 per month to my travel fund.
- Take at least 2 domestic/international trips and 2 weekender/road trips.
Looking forward to making great choices for another financially fruitful year!
Thanks for reading.
Image: Death to the Stock Photo with graphics added by One Woman’s Worth.