- Fully fund both my Roth IRA ($5,500) and 401K ($18,500) accounts. – PASS; Both accounts have been fully funded for the first time!
- Set aside at least $2,000 total to allocate to my taxable brokerage and housing down payment fund per month. – PASS; Average $2,082 allocated each month
- Increase my total net worth to $115,000 by 12/31/2018. – PASS; Just barely made it at $115,696.86!
- Hold at least $100,000 in invested assets (should not include cash) by 12/31/2018. – FAIL; Only $86,916.54 invested balance
- Hold dividend taxable brokerage account balance of at least $25,000 by 12/31/2018 (Can include uninvested cash held in account). – PASS
- Receive $500 in total dividend income. – PASS; $523.90 received in dividend income in 2018!
- Allocate $200 per month to a new car fund. – PASS
- Sign up for one 5K’s or one 10K by September 2018. – FAIL
- Donate at least $50 per month to church or reputable charitable organization. – PASS
- Allocate at least $50 per month to my travel fund. – PASS
- Take a least 1 domestic trips/international trips and 2 weekend/road trips. – PASS; San Antonio, Ocean City, Los Angeles, Houston, Spain (I’ve really blown this one out of the park!)
- Take a solo trip. – PASS; Spain in October
2018 Net Worth Reviewed
In December 2017, my total savings were $71,546. My total debts were $9,694.74.
My net worth as of December 2017 was $61,851.26.
This year, I continued the strides I made in 2017 and continued to dedicate my focus to increasing my net worth without focusing solely on debt reduction. I had a goal to reach $100K in three different ways – $100K in total assets, $100K in network and $100K invested in the market. I continued to focus on reducing my living expenses as much as possible; however, I did allow myself to enjoy the gains I’ve made by spending a bit on travel. Let’s see how this affected my goals in 2018.
As of December 29, 2018, here is my financial situation:
$2,035.87 at 3.4%
$1,711.00 at 4.5%
$3,650.27 at 5.0%
Total student loans: $7,397.14
Emergency Fund balance at $10,661.89
Investment portfolio account balance: $36,506.33
Miscellaneous Savings for various goals: $19,982.33
Total Savings: $123,093.20 (increase of $51,547.20)
NET WORTH: $115,696.86
I reached 2/3 of my goals this year; I didn’t end the year with $100K in invested assets but I did achieve $100K in total assets and $100K in net worth. For this, I’m grateful for what I have been able to accomplish thus far and I am absolutely looking forward to making great strides towards financial freedom in 2019!
Thanks for reading.